Friday, January 10, 2014

A happy day, or what a simple smile can do

There was no particular reason why today became such a happy day for me, except perhaps for the fact that the sun was shining, dispelling the wind and the rain of the dreadful last few days of storm and tempest.  I suppose that was reason enough, though, for me to smile, and I realise after a day of exchanging smiles with everybody I came in contact with that when you smile the world smiles with you.


So as I moved from bus to greengrocer, to library, to bookshop, interspersed with a series of coffee bars (my usual daily haunts), a gentle layer of joy was laid over my day.  It even gifted me with the unexpected bonus of a lunchtime concert at St James’s Piccadilly, as I passed through the church and heard an excellent pianist practising works I had never heard before but which delighted me.


Now it has started to rain again, but I hope that the rain will not wipe the smile from my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment