Monday, February 6, 2012

Looking for different elements in people on TV or radio

Because of all the problems this country is facing, I have been listening to a lot of radio and watching a lot of TV recently.  To lighten my mood amongst all the gloom I have been amusing myself  with trying to work out whether there is any correlation between a particular element and the kinds of work those I am listening to or watching do.

Foremost amongst the people I have looked at are journalists who report the news.  You would imagine that a certain kind of journalist who becomes a newscaster is there to present the human face of the news, and would have some of the qualities of the two elements which like to communicate warmly, Fire and Earth. And I think most of them are.  Things get a little bit more complicated when I looked at more investigative journalists, those that are required, not so much to relate to us as to dig down and ferret out the news.  And here, as I would expect, it is Water above all, with Metal following behind, which dominate.  With Wood it appears to be those journalists often more directly involved in action.  

I’m afraid that the list is of people perhaps familiar only to a British audience, particularly to those tuned to the BBC, but all can be viewed on U-tube or video extracts, if you are interested enough to track them down.  I have also added names of other famous people, such as sports people and politicians, to plump out the list a little.

So here goes with my list:
Wood:  Kate Adie, a former war correspondent, Caroline Wyatt  (a current BBC defence correspondent), Peter Snow, Michael Gove
Fire:  Evan Davies, Andrew Marr, Bruce Forsyth, Chris Evans
Earth:  David Dimbleby, Fiona Bruce, David Attenborough, Jon Snow, David Cameron
Metal:  Frank Gardner (a BBC defence correspondent).  There must be more, but I haven’t found anybody to add to the list yet.
Water:  Robert Peston, John Humphrys, Jeremy Paxman, Gary Lineker, Arsène Wenger, Alex Ferguson, George Osborne, Ed Milliband

I find it interesting, and appropriate, that the Water element dominates the list, evidence of its ambition and desire to reach the top and stay there.  Many of the heads of financial institutions who appear on TV regularly to defend the banks appear to be Water, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment