Saturday, August 28, 2010

Doing little things with great love

I came across this lovely saying by Mother Teresa in my Indian friend’s blog, http://sujatavaradarajan.blogspot.com . “We are not born to do great things. We are born to do little things with great love.” And, as my friend Sujata adds, “And little things done with great love have the ability to change people’s worlds.”

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, as I am sure many of us do, with all the great horrors and sadnesses which pour towards us from every corner of the globe at all hours of the day, and with my own feeling of impotence at how little one person can achieve to push back this tide. It is therefore good to be reminded of the importance of each tiny act of help, and this is how I like to regard my acupuncture practice. As someone once said to me, “You can’t save the whole world, Nora.” Yes, that is true, but I have learnt to view each successful treatment as a small act of salvation, in its own way helping towards saving a person’s health, body and soul.

Sujata’s blog is a beautifully written unfolding of life in India of interest to those who want to know what is happening in one of the most powerful countries in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment