Friday, May 21, 2010

Future teaching plans

I am just back from the TCM Kongress in Rothenburg (www.tcm-kongress.de), always a powerful experience for many reasons, not least the sheer number of hours during which people talk of potentially very different approaches to acupuncture, each well-researched, well-documented and, no doubt, well-practised, and each looking at their practice from a slightly different perspective. It would be easy to be overwhelmed by what is on offer, but I have learnt over the years to recognise the range of new ideas I will feel able to assimilate into my practice, and concentrate only on these. What is often most valuable are the connections I form with other participants, and this year was no exception. I took part in a meeting organised by Sonja Köllner (sonjakollner@yahoo.de) with the aim of bringing together any five element acupuncturists coming to the conference, particularly those from Germany. It was encouraging to hear of all the different ways in which they had learnt their five element approach. As a result of all this, I have now agreed to run a two-day seminar in Hamburg arranged by Barbara Moeller, at which I will be helped by Henrik Mathisen, who is making plans to start a five element course in Oslo.

So, enriched and re-invigorated, I return to London determined also to plan more SOFEA seminars on the elements both here in London and in Hove, with Sarah Matheson. We are now planning our autumn seminar programme, and details will soon be appearing on the SOFEA website www.sofea.co.uk. Anybody wanting to join us in our latest explorations of the elements should contact me on info@sofea.co.uk or Sarah Matheson on mathesonsa@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment