Thursday, December 10, 2015

Two more interesting quotes

I love collecting quotations which open my mind to new thoughts.  Here are two more, one from the detective writer, Michael Dibdin, and the other from an American author, Vivian Gornick, I know absolutely nothing about.  I don’t think I have read her book, which is apparently an autobiography, but I must have found the quotation tucked away somewhere.  I love the idea of “driving into a vast darkness” when I am reading a book which reveals a new side of human nature to me.

 
Michael Dibdin: A Long Finish
 
“You couldn’t be sure of doing the right thing.  All you could hope for, perhaps, was to do the wrong thing better, or at least more interestingly."
 
 
Vivian Gornick:  Fierce Attachments
 
“For Davey, reading was a laser beam – narrow, focused, intent – driving into a vast darkness.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment