Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The wonders of the internet!

Yesterday, out of the blue, I was amused to see that nearly 1000 people had suddenly signed on to read my blog, most of them looking at what I wrote about the moxa stick.  Usually the number is a sedate 50 – 100 a day. 


When I traced this back, the majority of the pageviews had originated in Facebook accounts in the States.  Somebody somewhere over there, who has a very active Facebook account, must have linked me in to their account by accident.  There must be quite a few surprised Americans who have found themselves reading all about the uses of the moxa stick.  And it's one of my longest blogs, too.


Today the number has dropped a little, but is well above 400, so some 600 of those viewing my blog yesterday have obviously felt no further urge to discover more about five element acupuncture.  Acupuncture suppliers, though, may be surprised to find that orders for moxa sticks have increased substantially.


Footnote to the above, added 22 February 2014:

All is now explained!  My lovely publishers, Singing Dragon Press, shared my blog about the moxa stick (posted 9 February) on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SingingDragon, creating, as they put it, ”an enormous positive response”.

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment