Friday, February 19, 2010

Beware of public morality

Two events today struck me with their incongruity. On the one hand, I was sent an email with graphic photos of what is happening to Falun Gong practitioners in China today, on the other, there were all these television pundits moralizing about Tiger Woods, as though his indiscretions were a personal insult. I find it sad that it apparently makes good copy to act as though journalists are the trustees of public morality when in fact they are just being prurient, whilst out there, in the real world, people are dying in their thousands of torture, disease, famine and earthquake. Oh what a sad, sad, topsy-turvy world it could seem we live in.

On a brighter note, I end the day with happy thoughts of some patients who came for consultation to me and I now hear are doing very nicely. How lovely that a few gentle insertions of the needle can achieve such transformation. Am I not blessed to have found this calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment