Monday, May 8, 2017

People-watching: Insight into the Metal element (plus a little more on Fire)

Since writing my last blog on People-Watching, a Metal friend of mine, Jeremy, has given me the following insights into how he approaches sitting down in a cafĂ©.  

This is what he has written:

"I read your blog yesterday and can tell you exactly where I sit in a cafe.  I have 2 parameters.  

First, I need to be able to see who is coming and going, so need to face the door or main entranceway (I also need to know how to get out in the event of a problem - but that is probably my army training).
 
Second, I need as much distance as reasonable from as many people as possible, so that I can get perspective on what is happening and get the minimum impact of other people's presence on my thinking and reflecting - I want to be able to see and watch everything and not have what I see and think disturbed..."
 
Thank you, Jeremy, for opening my eyes to other aspects of Metal. 
 
And a Fire friend of mine, having read my blog, agreed with every word of it.  She told me that she is very careful always to sit with her back covered, with nobody behind her.  This is also true of where she sits in the train as well as in restaurants.  This is obviously her Heart Protector doing exactly the kind of protecting that it should do.
 
How fascinating all this is!

1 comment:

  1. Metal element writing in. I do exactly that, I will choose the seat that has the most space between myself and others, with a clear path to the door. Note also, though, I will check that the table looks nice in it's shape, arrangement etc. and I will try it out and then move to another table maybe 20% of the time because something isn't to my liking. Perfectionism in action!

    ReplyDelete